Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Meet Mr. Subject

I should have started writing about this guy earlier. Mr. Subject is a nice guy, but he's a little "off." Sometimes he seems really bright, sometimes... not so much. I'm not sure what's up with him.

Anyway, the reason I call him Mr. Subject is that he comes in with the most random requests. I should have started writing them down immediately, but... I didn't.

Here are some things that I remember Mr. Subject asking me for in the past:
Picture books with tall ships
Pictures of black labs
History of submarines
Fiction about submarines
Beer can collecting
Pictures of classic sports cars
Science fiction with a shipwreck, preferably with pirates

A couple of days ago, he asked for a mystery with sailboats. Later that day he called and asked for a book on tennis, but couldn't be more specific. He wanted "Players... or courts or something. I dunno." I suggested an encyclopedia of tennis, and he liked that idea.

Overheard: Today he asked Belle for a mystery set in the Caribbean, and one set in Hawaii.

No comments: